As COVID-19 continues to impact our community, we are taking a variety of steps to protect the health and safety of our people, our customers, and our community.
Many of you have inquired as to what we are doing to ensure we can meet your ongoing needs. I want to assure you we are as prepared as we can be, given the fluidity of the situation. Our leadership team is meeting daily to assess new information and develop contingency planning initiatives where appropriate.
Some of the measures we are taking to protect our people and customers include:
- Encouraging our employees to stay home if they are feeling ill or asking employees who begin to feel ill at work to go home.
- Review and potential adjustment of absence policies so our employees feel comfortable and confident staying home if they are ill or face community-based school closures.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols in all our facilities, with contingency plans in place in the event of a localized confirmation of infection
- Work from home and/or staggered work schedules
- Working with suppliers regularly to ensure stability of the supply chain
- Contingency plans in place in the event of a facility closure
- Following the guidelines of the CDC and MDH regarding best practices for workplaces.
We are confident in our ability to fulfill current and future orders. Thus far we have had little impact to our operational capabilities and our supply chain remains intact. If our operational circumstances change and your specific order were to be impacted, we will be in touch immediately to address the situation with you.
We appreciate your concern and partnership through these unprecedented times. If you have more quetions, please reach out to your Intereum contact.
Jeff Erickson, CFO + Principal