2016: Year in Review
As we say goodbye to 2016 and hello to the next, we have so much to look back on that has helped us get to where we’re going in 2017.
Intereum was recognized at the Herman Miller leadership conference this past year for outstanding performance where we received three coveted awards:
- CEO Award: for excellence and achievement in sales
- Market Share Award: for market share in the Twin Cities that exceeded the national average
- Geiger Volume Award
In addition, for the third year in a row, Intereum has been named one of Star Tribune’s Top Workplaces, National Standard Setters of 2016.
Our biggest project to date was completed in 2016. The scale of this project was unlike any other in our history – spanning over 30 floors, the project consisted of 1,100 design hours, 215 managed orders, 670 POs cut to vendors, 315 truck deliveries, and 8 ½ months of installation. The collaboration between the client, Architect & Design Firm, our vendor partners, and our own team members helped make this project a successful transformation for our client.
If you haven’t heard, Intereum is about to move into a brand new, 133,000 square foot facility which doubles as a living work space and showroom. We can’t wait to open the doors to our new Living Office! We've captured our progress from day one and invite you to check out the story.
Each quarter we send out a survey asking our clients to rate our service. For each survey returned, Intereum selects a charity to make a donation to. This year, our clients helped us donate over $1,130 to charities like Stand Up to Cancer, Miracles of Mitch, Diabetes Tour de Cure, and People Serving People.
- Our New Year New You Event presented rejuvenating speakers and inspiration to start the new year. We had a blast creating it and we were pleased with the turnout of our first ever event.
- Each year the Minnesota chapter of the Association of Legal Administrators or ALAMN puts together an incredible educational conference with keynote speakers, networking, and other breakout sessions. Intereum was thrilled to be involved with our exhibit giving us an opportunity to connect with members.
- We had an incredible opportunity to partner with Cuningham Group and North Park Elementary staff to conduct a learning session that focused on the role of design in learning spaces.
- Our Jet 55 Open House Fiesta was one for the books. This Cinco de Mayo themed party beautifully demonstrated the importance of choice in the workplace. A total of 12 stations were transformed into various living office setups and visitors were encouraged to visit each one. As guests traveled through Jet55 they were greeted with games, drinks, and of course, authentic food from Hola Arepa. Arriba!
- Renowned designer and Herman Miller collaborator Ayse Birsel was kind enough to share details of her book, Design the Life You Love, at a local Minneapolis speakeasy earlier this year. You may know of Birsel through her innovative design work with Herman Miller on Resolve Systems. What you may not know about is her insatiable love for creativity. Birsel has perfected the art of deconstruction and believes that “life is your most important project”. Find out more about Birsel here.
- Each year, the IIDA holds MinneCon, a tradeshow, networking opportunity, and educational platform for local designers and manufacturers. Intereum and Herman Miller sponsored the keynote speaker, Laura Guido-Clark. At our booth, we featured the new Plex Lounge furniture and Key Chair group from Herman Miller. For each visitor at our booth, Intereum and Herman Miller made a $5 contribution to Laura Guido-Clark’s Project Color Corps. Together, we raised over $2,010.
- Each holiday season, Intereum and Herman Miller make it a priority to give back at an event titled WeCare. In partnership with the local Boys & Girls Club, Intereum and a set of local partners create an incredible holiday party complete with face painting, gift making, and a visit from Santa Claus.
Last but not least, the launch of the Remastered Aeron wraps up 2016. The most iconic chair in the world received some well-deserved upgrades this year. From brand-new material with elastomeric suspension to being almost 90% recyclable, we’d say the new Aeron exceeded our expectations once again. For more on the new Aeron, click here.